States of matter
Activity No # 1 - Name of Activity
States of Matter PhET activity
Shared By Vanitha Kottari
Materials/ Resources needed
Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
Observe the demonstration carefully.
- Boyle's law Geogebra file shared by Akbar Sir, GUHS Yellagondpalya, Bengaluru South on google groups
[:File:///opt/PhET/en/simulation/legacy/states-of-matter-basics.html States of matter_basics]
Process (How to do the activity)
Take water in a glass container and fix a thermometer to observe the temperature variations. Click over the equipment provided for heat the container and notice the temperature variations. Continue the same procedure by decreasing the temperature.
Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- What is matter ?
- Name the three states of matter ?
- What is the chemical formula of water ?
- What changes do you observe in the water molecules when it is heated ?
- What happens to water molecules above 373K ?
- What happens to the molecules below 273 K ?
#In which state water molecules are found scattered?
Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- How do the molecules arranged in ice ?
- What changes do you observe when water changes into water vapour ?
- At what temperature water freezes ?
Give the pictorial representations of arrangement of molecules in solid, liquid and gaseous state.
To link back to the topic page Give the link of the page name from where activity was given Back