Creating a Professional Learning Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This unit will help the DRT to design and create PLCs of teachers in their district. A PLC can be created for each block (in case of High School teachers) and each cluster (for HPS and LPS teachers). The cluster level meeting should be visualized as a PLC meeting.
Unit – 13. How to organize Teachers in "Professional Learning Communities"
Team Leader/s - PRP/ Gurumurthy Kasinathan
Members - Ms. Marzia Ibrahim, Mr. Kotresh, Ms. Gunalakshmi. H and Mr.Suresh B Mugali
Areas requiring attention of DRT’s (for each unit based on the outcomes) and Activities based on the areas
The activities for establishing and maintaining a PLC are listed below. Each is discussed in detail in its own page.
- Understanding the need for professional learning communities (PLCs)
- How to organize a PLC
- How to facilitate spontaneous learning in a PLC
- How to facilitate planned learning of PLC members through online / blended courses (Advanced activity, may be taken up later)
Video on PLC
Common Overall Readings
- PLC OER Toolkit (written based on the Subject Teacher Forum experience) -
- What is a PLC?
- PLC activity - Creating text, animation, audio and video resources for ELT