Convex lens at different object distances
To study the nature of images formed by convex lens at different object distances
Shared By : Sujatha Padavu
Adarsha Bharathi High School
Materials/ Resources needed
- convex lens,
- lens stand,
- candle match box,
Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
Carefully observe the nature of images formed.
Process (How to do the activity)
- Fix one convex lens on the lens stand facing a distant object and catch its clear image on the screen . Measure the distance between the image and the lens. It is the Focal length and the point is the focal Point F
- Now place the object between the lens and the focal point and observe the nature of image.
- Now keep a burning candle between the F and 2F and catch the image on the screen. Now note down the nature of the image.
Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- Do you see the image ?
- Where do you see the image?
- Is the image very clear to you?
- What are the differences you find between the image and the object?
- Based on the your observation explain the nature of image in terms of the size . image Distance
- Whether the image is real or virtual?
Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- Write the nature of image formed when the object is at infinity ?
- When you converge sun rays on a piece of paper why it will burn ?
- Why do the watch repair workers use convex lens?
To link back to the topic page Give the link of the page name from where activity was given Back