Construction of a right triangle with a side and hypotenuse
Right angle is one of the angles of the triangle the and assimilating other parameters that are required to complete construction. Construction of a triangle based on RH congruence rule.
To construct a right angled triangle with a side and hypotenuse
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
Prior understanding of point, lines and angles, elements of triangle, properties of triangle
Materials/ Resources needed
- Digital : Computer, geogebra application, projector.
- Non digital : Worksheet and pencil
- Geogebra files : “Triangle construction (Right Triangle - hyp and 1side)”
Download this geogebra file from this link.
Process (How to do the activity)
- To construct a right triangle what parameters are required.
- How many angles and sides need to be known. How many right angles can be in a triangle?
- What is side opposite to right triangle called? Is this parameter required to construct a right angled triangle?
- Can a right triangle be constructed knowing two adjacent sides of a right triangle that are the arms of the right angle.
Evaluation at the end of the activity
- What is the minimum value of the hypotenuse required to make the triangle