Area of a square
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Calculating area of a square
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
Materials/ Resources needed
Digital: Laptop, geogebra file, projector and a pointer.
Geogebra Applets : This geogebra file was created by ITfC-Edu-Team
Process (How to do the activity)
- The teacher can project the geogebra file and explain about the formula for area and perimeter of a square.
- Developmental Questions:
- Identify the shape ?
- What is the measure of each small square ?
- What is the area of each small square ?
- What is the area of the bigger square ?
- What is the perimeter of the small square ? and larger square ?
- What do you understand by the terms area and perimeter ?
- Question Corner:
- How do you find the area and perimeter of an irregular shape ?
- Explain the association of the term 'square' in the unit square cm.