Teachers capacity building course on conducting online classes - 2022
Due to the continuous spread of Covid-19 over the past two years and the impact of the current (Omicron) wave, schools are likely to close for a few more days in the state. Across the state most schools have created students' WhatsApp groups to share learning resources. In many schools, teachers are conducting online classes for students. Some teachers may want to start online classes if they can be guided and supported for doing this. Now with the support of Karnataka school education department, IT for Change is conducting a online courses for school teachers to create digital resources for the online/offline classroom teaching purpose.
Since all teachers do not have access to computers, we plan to conduct this online course separately in two groups: for teachers who use mobile devices and for teachers who use computers.
- To help teachers to access existing OER resources from the Internet.
- To help teachers to create digital resources for the classroom teaching
- To help teachers to get familiar with online webinar tools to conduct classes
- To help schools/institutions to use the FOSS webinar platform to conduct online classes
Registration for the course
There is no fee for this course, and any teacher can participate. The last date for the registration will be on January 28th 2022.
- The workshop will be held over 4 webinar sessions.
- Each webinar session timings will be from 6pm to 7.30pm (90 mins) through the BigBlueButton FOSS webinar tool
- All the workshop resources will be shared through KOER online repository
- Registered teachers will become members of the course WhatsApp group
Agenda of the course
|Session 1||Accessing OER resources||
|Session 2||Create a simple presentation||
||Libre Office Impress|
|Session 3||Create Video resources||
|Session 4||Use webinar FOSS tool to conduct online classes||
- Mozilla Firefox handout - to browse, download resources from the web
- LibreOffice Impress handout - to create slide presentations on the system
- Collabora office user manual - to create presentations on the phone
- BigBlueButton handout - to conduct online classes
- Vokoscreen handout - to do screencasting
- Audacity handout - to create/edit audio files
- Explore subject based tools
- Explore an application
- Spoken tutorials
- FOSS applications to create OER resources
- TESS India OER
- NCERT DIKSHA
- NCERT E-पाठशाला
- अरविंद गुप्ता कहानियां और प्रयोग
- जियोजेब्रा ट्यूब - बनाई गई जियोजेब्रा फाइल्स को डाउनलोड करने के लिए
- आई वंडर
- प्रथम बुक्स द्वारा "ओपन स्कूल"
- प्रथम बुक्स द्वारा प्रस्तुत डिजिटल कोष स्टोरीवीवर (Pratham Storyweaver): हिंदी में , हिंदी +अंग्रेजी में
- प्रेमचंद की कहानिया
- शेर और शायरी
- Why OER?
- FOSS importance in education
- Teachers' toolkit for creating and re-purposing OER using FOSS
- Geogebra tube - to download created geogebra files
- Buy your own laptop