Assam STF Maths District Programme 2016
- 1 How is the programme done
- 2 Objectives and Agenda of district programme
- 3 Day-wise programme and resources
How is the programme done
A group of resource persons has been trained from 5 districts - Barpeta, Cachar, Dhemaji, Dhubri, Jorhat in two workshops.
In these workshops, the teachers have been introduced to how to access internet for their own learning, send email to other teachers and create resources using Libre Office Writer, Freemind and Geogebra. The first STF workshop for Mathematics was conducted from 19-01-2016 to 23-01-2016. The second STF workshop for Mathematics is being conducted from 02-02-2016 to 06-02-2016. The programme has been conducted in Assam Engineering Institute, Chanmari.
A technology support group has also been trained in these districts.
Together, these teachers will be training the district teachers.
The details of resource persons trained is available here
Technology support group information is available here
Objectives and Agenda of district programme
Mindmap in English
Mindmap in Assamese
Objectives of the programme
- Introducing teachers to digital literacy
- Making teachers understand importance of a mail forum and to help them send an email
- To demonstrate importance of internet for own learning
- Making teachers understand importance of Free and Open Software
- To introduce making resources with Freemind
- To introduce making resources with Geogebra
- To introduce making resources Libre Office Writer
Preparation for the programme
- Make specialist in your district team for each tool
- Interact with technology support group in your district
- Read the resources for the tools on KOER
- Practice and prepare the tools
- Use the Assam maths forum for clearing doubts
- Lab availability - minimum 20 computers
- Lab availability - Internet - minimum 8 Mbps
Day-wise programme and resources
Introduction to the progammme
Objectives of the STF programme The STF programme is important to make teachers understand importance of technology. Usually teachers think computers are not for them; however, in this programme they will learn how to use the computer for their own learning and also use in their classroom. Learning from one another by being in a community is a very important part of this programme. Teachers will learn to create and collaborate with each other.
What will the training focus on:
- Build the computer literacy skills for teachers
- Learning to use Geogebra for creating animations in Geometry
- Learning to create resources using Freemind and Libre Office writer
- How to use the internet as a learning resource - to create a resource library for my use and for the classroom and build digital resource libraries
- Use emails Assam Maths Forum to communicate and learn (you can also read mails from MathsScience Subject Mailing Forum in Karnataka
- Develop digital literacy skills - email, internet search, accessing resources, creating resources
Getting familiar with the ICT environment
In this session, focus on getting teachers familiar with the basic elements of the computer - the hardware, software and the keyboard and mouse.
See a description of the Subject Teacher Forum.
FreeMind হ’ল বিনামূলীয়া, মুক্ত আৰু সাৰ্বজনীন চফ্টৱেৰ যাক আমি ইন্টাৰনেটৰ পৰা সহজেই ডাউনলোড কৰিব পাৰি| বেলেগ চফ্টৱেৰৰ দৰে আমি ইয়াক কিনিব নালাগে| FreeMind হ’ল তথ্য সজোৱা এটা Application. ইয়াৰ সহায়ত তথ্যবোৰক পৰ্যায়ক্ৰমে এটা ঢাপৰ পৰা আন এটা ঢাপলৈ সজাব পাৰি| যিকোনো নতুন কাম এটা আৰম্ভ কৰিবলৈ হ’লে প্ৰথমে যেনেকৈ তথ্যখিনি গোটাব লাগে আৰু সেইবোৰক শ্ৰেণীবিভাজন কৰি ৰাখিব লাগে; FreeMind ব্যৱহাৰ কৰি সেইখিনি কাম অতি সোনকালে কৰিব পাৰি| Lesson Plan প্ৰস্তুত কৰিবলৈ FreeMind ব্যৱহাৰ কৰা হয়|