Activity 3 Mass has an inertial property
From Karnataka Open Educational Resources
Revision as of 11:41, 28 October 2020 by Ranjani (Created page with "===Activity No # 3 - Inertial property of mass === * '''Estimated Time''' - 30 minutes * '''Materials/ Resources needed''' * '''Prerequisites/Instructions, if any''' * '''Mult...")
Activity No # 3 - Inertial property of mass
- Estimated Time - 30 minutes
- Materials/ Resources needed
- Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
- Multimedia resources
This video describes the inertial property of mass
- Website interactives/ links/ simulations
- Process (How to do the activity)
- Let the students watch the video
- Ask them to write situations where they have faced inertia
- Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- When do we say something has inertia? (When it does not change its position)
- What does inertia do? (Resists change)
- Does it depend on size of the object? (Yes/ No/ Not always)
- If not on size, what does it depend on? (It depends on how much matter ther?e is - mass)
- When we observe inertia, we can say object has mass
- Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- Does inertia increase with size?
- Will an object have inertia when it moves?
- Question Corner
- How can I tell that an object has mass or not?