Teachers capacity building workshop on conducting online classes - 2021
Due to the current pandemic situation, all schools are closed, and this may continue. SSLC examinations will be held in June. Class 10 students are preparing for the examination, and many need continuous support from teachers to prepare.
Most schools have created students WhatsApp groups to share learning resources. In many schools, teachers are conducting online classes for students. Some teachers may want to start online classes, if they can be guided and supported for doing this.
IT for Change, under the “Teachers Community of Learning” (TCOL) program would like to help Government and Government aided schools teachers to conduct online classes for their students. To make teachers comfortable to take online classes, we plan to conduct an on-line teacher’s workshop.
- To build basic digital literacy skills for teachers
- To help teachers to access existing OER resources from the Internet.
- To help teachers to create digital resources for the classroom teaching
- To help teachers to get familiar with online webinar tools to conduct classes
- To help schools/institutions to use FOSS webinar platform to conduct online classes
- The workshop will be held over 4 webinar sessions.
- Each webinar session will be for a duration of 90 minutes through BigBlueButton FOSS webinar tool
- All the workshop resources will be shared through KOER online repository
- The topic of each session will be stand-alone (one topic per session)
- Registered teachers will become members of a WhatsApp group where important notifications related to workshop will be communicated. This will also be used for any virtual support and instant resource sharing with teachers.
Last date for the registration is May 7th, 2021.
Join the webinar sessions
|Accessing OER resources||
|Create simple presentation||
||LibreOffice Impress handout|
|Use webinar FOSS tool to conduct online classes||
|Use Google form for the students assessment||
- Mozilla Firefox handout - to browse, download resources from the web
- LibreOffice Impress handout - to create presentations
- BigBlueButton handout - to conduct online classes
- Kazam handout - to do screencasting
- Audacity handout - to create/edit audio files
- Explore subject based tools
- Explore an application
- Spoken tutorials
- Geogebra tube - to download created geogebra files
- FOSS applications to create OER resources
Course feedback form
Click here to fill the workshop feedback form