Teachers Community of Learning Bangalore South Block 3 HMs Workshop 2 2018 19
ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ನೋಡಿ TCOL HMs Programme page
Objectives of the workshop
- Introduce HMs to use ICT for 'connecting and learning' - use of Internet through computer and mobile phone, and participating in the Telegram TCOL HMs group
- Introduce HMs to using ICT for 'creating and learning' - creating a simple text resource for academic and administrative purposes
- Discussion on School leadership and development (reading Kai Ming Cheng, ‘Vision building among school leaders’ - ಕೈ ಮಿಂಗ್ ಚಂಗ್ ರವರ ಶಾಲಾ ಕಾಣ್ಕೆ ಲೇಖನ )
- Discuss possibilities of school level work (Maths, Kannada and Digital Literacy)
- Continue your learning on School leadership and development after the workshop - ಪ್ರಭಾವ ವಲಯ ಕಾಳಜಿ ವಲಯ ಪರಿಕಲ್ಪನಾ ಪತ್ರ
Agenda for the workshop
|No||Particulars||Timings||Detailed Session Plan|
|1||Registration||9.30 - 10.00||Filling in ODK, Reading handout (Kai Ming Cheng - ಶಾಲಾ ಕಾಣ್ಕೆ ಲೇಖನ)|
|2||Basic Digital literacy||10.00 – 11.00||Introduction to Desktop environment, familiarity with keyboard (Tux Typing)
Introduction to internet and using web browser (Firefox)
Hands-on (see user manual - Explore an application on laptop)
|3||TEA BREAK||11.00 – 11.15|
|4||Connecting and Learning||11.15 – 12.30||Introduction to search engine (text resources)
Building PDL through internet access (access and download resources for identified topic, connected to subject specific of general topic of interest)
|5||Lunch Break||12.30 – 1.15||Tux Typing practice + ODK|
|6||Connecting and Learning||1.15 - 4.00||Introduction to search image and resources on internet connected to topic chosen
Use of mobile phone to connect to Internet.
HMs share downloaded text, image and/or audio files of the 'topic' chosen with others (write and take a photo, record audio, send Telegram message etc)
|7||TEA BREAK||3.45 - 4.00|
|8||Home work||4.00 - 4.30||Assignment read - KaiMing Cheng,‘Vision building among school leaders’- ಕೈ ಮಿಂಗ್ ಸ್ಕೂಲ್ ವಿಷನ್ ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯ|
|9||School leadership and development||9.30 – 11.15||Reading in small groups - Vision building among school leaders’ - ಕೈ ಮಿಂಗ್ ಸ್ಕೂಲ್ ವಿಷನ್ ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯ and how it can influence goal setting for school development.
Activity - What are the 1 or 2 specific goals I have for my school during this academic year?
Small group discussion and sharing. Documented for future work (mm).
HMs create text, image and/or audio files of the 'specific goals' and share with others (write and take a photo, record audio, send Telegram message etc)
|10||TEA BREAK||11.15 – 11.30|
|11||Subject integration||11.15 - 12.30||Demo of Maths and Kannada subject integration (in parallel) followed by hands-on. Each HM will select Maths or Kannada for attending demo|
|12||Lunch Break||12.30 – 1.15|
|13||Connecting and Learning||2.00 - 3.45||Recap and introduction to creating text resource
Kannada and English typing
Sharing the school development goal on text document and through Telegram
Practice sharing text, audio, image, video messages on Telegram
|14||TEA BREAK||3.45 - 4.00|
|15||Way forward and
|4.00 - 4.30||School level activities - computers (letter from HM), Maths, Kannada and DL
Reading for next workshop - ಪ್ರಭಾವ ವಲಯ ಕಾಳಜಿ ವಲಯ ಪರಿಕಲ್ಪನಾ ಪತ್ರ ("Circle of Influence and Circle of Concern")
Workshop feedback form
- Basic digital literacy - knowing your computer
- Connecting for learning - using Computer and Internet to access open educational resources in Kannada and English.
- Browsing internet with web browser Firefox.
- Searching information with Google Search engine
- Identifying useful sites.
- Surfing on your phone (Telegram, Web browsing, Dictionary)
- Tux Typing and Text editing - Becoming familiar with creating and editing text resources
- Developing my school vision - Kai Ming Cheng, ‘Vision building among school leaders’ - ಕೈ ಮಿಂಗ್ ಸ್ಕೂಲ್ ವಿಷನ್ ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯ
- Assignment for next workshop - Read ಪ್ರಭಾವ ವಲಯ ಕಾಳಜಿ ವಲಯ ಪರಿಕಲ್ಪನಾ ಪತ್ರ
Resources developed during the workshop
- Mind map developed from HMs ideas on school visioning can be downloaded
- Buy a smart phone or laptop and get Internet on your phone
- Set-up your school ICT lab with the educational software to support your teachers (Letter through ITfC requesting for computer donations sourced from IT companies)
- Create your school Telegram group (with all your teachers as members) for easy coordination