Health and diseases microorganisms microorganisms activity 3
Activity No # 1 - Curd experiment
20 minutes. Observing micro-organisms in a curd.
Materials/ Resources needed
- Curd,# microscope#,glass slides#,needle
Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
Ask the child to take a cup of milk,heat,cool and add little butter milk at night and bring the product to the school in the next day
Process (How to do the activity)
Take the sample what a child bring,put it on the slide , keep it under the microscope, focus and ask the student to observe the sample through microscope.
Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- Why milk become curd when we add little butter milk to a glass of milk?
Ans. A microorganism called lactose bascillus present in the buttermilk converts milk to curd.
- Why cant it become milk when we add little bit milk to glass of buttermilk?
Ans.Lactos bascillus convert milk into curd but not curd into milk.
Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- Which is the microorganism present in the milk?
- What is the reaction is going in the process-milk become curd?
To link back to the topic page and diseases microorganisms Back