Electromagnetic induction fleming right hand rule activity 1
Activity No # 1 - Direction of the current and magnetic field
Materials/ Resources needed
- Card board sheet with hole at is centre
- Connecting wires
- Iron filings
- Plug key
- Battery source
Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
Process (How to do the activity)
Take cardboard sheet and pass a thick copper wire vertically through the hole. Connect the ends of the wire to battery through switch. sprinkle iron filings on the board. switch on the battery.
Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- what do you observe when current on and off?
- How iron filings arranged?
- What is the angle between wire and cardboard?
Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- State the law which determines the firection of magnetic field around a current carrying wire? (Right hand thumb rule)
To link back to the topic page Give the link of the page name from where activity was given Back