Adjacent angles are two angles that have a common vertex and a common side. The vertex of an angle is the endpoint of the rays that form the sides of the angle.
Introduce children to concept of adjacent angles
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
Prior knowledge of point, lines, angles
Materials/ Resources needed
- Digital : Computer, geogebra application, projector.
- Non digital : Worksheet and pencil.
- Geogebra files : Adjacent angles.ggb
Download this geogebra file from this link.
Process (How to do the activity)
- Prior hands on activity (optional – children can use news paper strips to form angles and place them together and notice the resulting angle formed).
- Change the measure of the angles – angle1 and angle 2 using the slider
- If the two angles are place next to each other , what will be formed
- Use the slider to place the angles next to each other
- What is the resulting angle formed due to the two angles
- What is the measure of the angle formed when the two are placed to each other
- Is there any other way to make the two angles adjacent
- Record the values of the two angles and their sum in the worksheet
Sl No. Angle ABC Angle DEF Angle ABC + Angle DEF Angle O Is the sum of two angles greater than Angle O .
Evaluation at the end of the activity