Using KOER metadata to improve KOER, August 2020
Click on Special pages on left frame, to get many useful reports.
- To see all files, you can do simple wiki report - File list - and sort on reverse chronology (you can give .ggb as media name to get only geogebra files added) - File list
- To see recent changes also gives you picture of pages added/modified. - Recent changes
- To see new pages added, New pages
- To see all maths pages click on Maths category (from category list report) - there are few useful reports - Categories to drill down, use this Category tree
- if you want to see a combination of categories (maths and class 9) you can use multi category search - Multi-category search
- If you want to see what all one user (say Girija) has added, you can use report User contributions and input Girija in user name
MediaWiki provides metadata to help track changes, we can use that to track. I will show these reports in the discussions today, and we will use it to correct, revise KOER.
Other reports to help correct/check KOER are
- Uncategorized categories
- Uncategorized files
- Uncategorized pages
- Unused categories
- Wanted categories
- Wanted files
- Wanted pages
Issues to close
- GIF files embed not working, even we reduce the file size to KB
- Concept maps are not embedded on the wiki. should be able to display the map.
Features to explore
- font changes
- hot categories
- buttons for common syntax for embedding
- related pages and articles
- embedding single image
- Uploaded Unused files?
- Rating of content : Status by Rakesh - this extension is still not completed for the users https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Ratings
- Title not working
Metadata in wiki
We are using Categories feature for metadata
- Table creation and looks : Status by Rakesh - now it is easy to create table. after I updated wiki editor
- Modularized presentation is clumsy
- Limited options for layout
- widget - photo slide show
- Freemind - syntax has changed to simpler
- Coherence of exploration
- Not possible to create a user collection - You can create watch list
- Not possible to rate - rating is working, but it's not recording in anywhere.
- Off-line output as PDF. we need it as ODT also (so we can make small changes, add credits etc)
- on-line as wiki. get reports / notifications by email of changes being made
- a user can create a watchlist of pages, any change here will be mailed to user (page trustee)
- if a resource group needs to see notifications, then create a dummy/alias id and any change in pages watch listed can send a mail to the mail group
- can the watchlist be on a category? or a user?
- recent changes - and this is not being notified. list of such edits including new pages should go to some id (orphan)
- implicit and explicit links - resolved (references at the end for all implicit links)