Pull me to see if I still remain a square
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Understand properties of a square
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
Materials/ Resources needed
Geogebra file, laptop, projector and a pointer.
Geogebra Applets :This geogebra is from the website : http://www.geogebratube.org/material/show/id/2474
Process (How to do the activity)
- The teacher can project the geogebra file, move the red dot and ask the students if it still is a square.
- Let them reason out for the answers.
- Developmental Questions:
- What figures do you see ?
- On moving the red dot, what figure is it now ?
- Is it still a square ?
- What are the properties of a square ?
- Question corner:
- Is rectangle a square ?
- Is parallelogram a square ?
- Are all squares parallelograms ?
- Can a square be considered as a type of kite ?
- Differentiate a square and a rhombus.